Lotus Notes has mechanisms that enable development of Workflow application.
These mechanisms include first of all:
- integrated electronic mail,
- security system,
- field types: Readers, Authors,
- client-server architecture,
- functionality of creating user-own solutions (programming languages).
Using these mechanisms the user can build their own workflow solutions or use a pre-defined, up-to-date solution called Domino.Workflow.
Information technologies define two models of document flow:
However, the best solution is the combination of the two models:
A new solution from domino.wroc.pl
Our company has developed a new document flow solution, which:
- uses field types: Readers and Authors,
- is based on the Share model, completed with notification elements from the Send model,
- uses security functionality available in Lotus Domino/Notes,
- can be easily implemented,
- may be compatible with any application.
The solution is based on controlling the document from using appropriate document accessibility settings in access control fields.
By basing mostly on @Formulas language for controlling the flow, the solution is simple, fast, and efficient.
Additionally, the solution can be added some elements which will increase the flexibility of the solution, these may include:
- workflow participants database – ensures flexibility, reduces dependency on changes in company's organisation structure,
- securing document contents not editable during the workflow process,
- Web browser accessibility.
Of course, the contents of the form submitted to workflow can be defined freely!